Procedures at Advanced OBGYN in Houston, TX
Advanced OBGYN in Houston, TX offers a full range of in-office and out-patient procedures. We provide specialized and personalized care for women at every stage of their lives. Many of our procedures are performed in our office or at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center.
Please contact Advanced OB/GYN in Houston, TX to set an appointment with an OBGYN in Houston, Texas.
- Colposcopy – For some women with an abnormal Pap smear result, the physicians at Advanced OB/GYN may recommend colposcopy of the cervix.
- Cryosurgery – This treatment is for destroying abnormal cells of the cervix associated with mild cervical dysplasia and noncancerous growths.
- Endometrial Ablation – The endometrial ablation procedure can reduce menstrual bleeding in women with heavy or irregular periods who are finished with childbearing.
- Endometrial Biopsy – The procedure for endometrial biopsy is recommended for irregular or abnormal uterine bleeding as part of a fertility workup.
- LEEP – Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP) can be performed in the office or an out-patient surgical setting to further diagnose and treat abnormal pap smears that might otherwise progress to cancer.
- Hysterosalpingogram – A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray procedure that is used to view the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes.
- Hysteroscopy – The hysteroscopy procedure is performed to examine the inside of the cervix and uterus, which helps diagnose and treat abnormalities of the genital tract. The doctors at Advanced OBGYN can discuss with you if a hysteroscopy is a helpful procedure.
- Hysterectomy (Abdominal/Vaginal/Laparoscopic) – Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus. Doctors at Advanced OBGYN Houston are well trained in all surgical methods of hysterectomy and can discuss which method is best for you.
- Implanon/Nexplanon – The Implanon/Nexplanon long-term reversible contraceptive intrauterine devices are placed under the skin of your upper arm. The implants provide contraceptive efficacy for up to 3 years and can be removed at any time.
- Intrauterine Device – Both Mirena and Paragard are long term options for contraceptive intrauterine devices that can be inserted during an office visit. To learn more about these procedures, talk to our physicians.
- MonaLisa Touch® – A vaginal rejuvenation treatment that is based on a unique, fractional CO2 laser.
- Pelvic Ultrasound – If you think you are in need of an ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis, our gynecologists in Houston will discuss your symptoms and any problems you may be having.
- Permanent Sterilization – Advanced Ob/Gyn offers in-office procedures that provide a permanent birth control option for women. Our physicians are well trained at in-office procedures and out-patient surgeries for permanent sterilization.
- Sonohysterography – Sonohysterography is a uterine ultrasound with saline. A transvaginal ultrasound is first performed to evaluation the uterus. Depending on your medical history, the doctors at Advanced Ob/Gyn will discuss with you if a sonohysterography may be helpful.